Where I am Now
You have looked how things are changing as you face retirement and old age. Before you can move ahead, you have to know where you are starting from.
After having completed this module you will have considered where you are now in your life. You will have gained some insight into “what makes you tick”, what you believe about yourself, how your attitudes and habits have shaped the life you live. You will have identified what you want to keep and what you want to let go of as you move into this new phase of your life.
Where I am Now
Don’t try to complete all the Questionnaires at one sitting.
- Complete the My Halls of Fame then let it settle for a day. You may find that you want to add some names, take some out – by letting it settle you allow your un-conscious to take part in the exercise. You might be surprised by some of the names that come up.
- On the next day complete the
- My Beliefs about Myself
- My Attitudes
- My Affirmations and Limiting Beliefs
By doing them together you may find that your responses to one sheet change your responses on another – just let it flow and see where it takes you.
As you get older you should be having a full medical check-up every year – many of us don’t. Your health is your only true treasure. With it, your life is alive with possibility – without it, you face years of misery and pain.
Do the Tape Test. Measure your waist line (that’s the bit just above your hip bones). For a man your measurement should be no greater than 102cms - for a woman 88cms. A greater measurement indicates that you are overweight – this will have implications for heart disease, stroke, kidney disease and a host of other conditions. Consult your Doctor to set up a health plan!
6. Your Life Wheel gives you a picture of where you are in different aspects of your life.
7. The last sheet Change and Keep gives you an opportunity to reflect on those different aspects – what do you want to change and what do you want to keep as you move into this next phase of your life?
The thoughts we have held and the words we have repeatedly used have created our life and experience up to this point. Yet, that is past thinking, we have already done that. What we are choosing to think and say, today, this moment, will create tomorrow and the next day. The point of power is always in the present moment. This is where we begin to make changes.
Be impeccable with your thoughts because that will become your reality.
Discussion Assignment – Where I am Now
So many questions – some answered, others unanswerable. Read what you wrote in the different sheets and allow those different ideas to settle. Then answer two more questions.
- Who have I been in my life so far?
- How would I like my future to be different?
Next module : Letting Go
Transition is challenging because many of our habits and patterns need to changed and letting go is difficult – particularly when a particular behaviour has worked so well in the past.Next Module